Belcan Quality Manager in Woburn, Massachusetts
Job Number: 283204
Description: A Quality Manager job in Woburn, MA is currently accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct hire position with our key transportation industry client. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field along with 7+ years working in a quality function supporting manufacturing or in a manufacturing function working with quality. In this role you will manage a Quality Parts Inspector and Quality Engineer, as well as all quality-related issues within the design team, identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for design and prototype quality issues.
*Due to the nature of the work, you must either be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Quality Manager Job Responsibilities:
• Manage a Quality Parts Inspector and Quality Engineer, as well as all quality-related issues within the design team
• Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for design and prototype quality issues
• Work to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
• Provides quality direction and support on the non-conformance process, product impact assessment, root cause analysis and product quarantine as non-conformances arise
• Support incoming inspection by developing new/improved inspection methods and provide appropriate training
• Carry out product and process auditing
• Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
• Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators
• Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system
• Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities
• Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
• Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
• Special projects as required
Quality Manager Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline
• 7+ years working in a quality function supporting manufacturing or in a manufacturing function working with quality
• Prior experience in either aerospace or automotive industry
• Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of quality systems and measurement
• Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
• Understanding of cost and financial impacts
• Understanding of ISO14001 and Health and Safety practices
• Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
• Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
If you are interested in this Quality Manager job in Woburn, MA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Woburn , MA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 7+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart