American Tower Senior Collections Analyst in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Senior Collections Analyst reconciles and reduces receivablebalances by interpreting lease language or reviewing purchase orders, auditingbilling amounts, researching pay histories and collecting past due balances onrent- or purchase order-based receivables. The results are measured by an “over 60-day” gross accounts receivable ("AR")(inclusive of over 90) balance reduction goal. The incumbent must be capable of exhausting all avenues to resolve anaccount before escalating to the Supervisor.
- Collect high dollar receivable balances, driving the pastdue amount through to full resolution by placing calls to internal and externalcustomers to determine status of receivables.
- Audit lease documents or purchase orders to validatebilling, identify necessary billing adjustments, and complete paperwork tosupport changes.
- Perform full lease reconciliations for large customers.
- Use experience and judgment to determine when to engagecustomers and/or internal contacts in order to facilitate resolution ofreceivable-related issues.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting large customerslocated at multiple tower sites.
- Administer past due or default notices and help management determineif an account should be written off, taken to litigation or sent to collectionagency.
- Support a high volume of customers by following definedcollection strategy for making daily calls to customers and following up onarrangements made for resolution of outstanding balances.
- Conduct regular account status reviews with department leadsand establish relationships with internal departments such as LeasingOperations, Legal, Site Acquisitions, Site Leasing Management, Engineering,Acquisition, Zoning and Permitting, and Redevelopment to resolve customerdisputes in a timely manner.
- Train newly hired Collections Analysts and take a lead rolein mentoring other less experienced employees.
- Manage and track progress of large-scale projects (e.g., fullcustomer lease reconciliations; multi-site, common issue reconciliations; reviewof credit balances for possible escheatment) and present process improvementsuggestions to senior management.
- Assist less experienced team members with resolving complex ARissues.
- Assist less experienced team members with handling customershaving problems paying their outstanding receivables.
- Maintain aging report with current collection notes to bedistributed to field and management
- Provide timely and accurate AR reporting for aging balances
- Assume additional collections-related responsibilitiesduring staffing shortages
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented; able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated; results driven; able to work in a team andindependently
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office,Excel, Oracle
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levelof employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionallyachieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicabledepartment timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including theability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multipletasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization ofduties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solidrelationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to completetasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resourcesand knowledge to identify high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant experiencerequired
- Minimum 3 years’ collections experience in an AR environmentrequired
- Account reconciliation experience in an AR environmentpreferred
- Oracle experience preferred
Approximately 95% performed in climate-controlled internaloffice environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required insupport of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunityemployer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equalemployment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based onhis or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed,religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familialstatus, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status,genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal,state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job: Sr Analyst Collections
Title: Senior Collections Analyst
Requisition ID: 18000072