American Tower Senior Sourcing Specialist in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Supply Chain Organization strategically sources qualitymaterials and services at lowest total cost using a supplier management programthat leverages best-in-class people, systems and processes. The Senior Sourcing Specialist supports thesupply chain cycle for a specified area of spend or business group. The incumbent will be a significant contributorin this spend category and will at times collaborate with the Company’s corporateand international operations.
The Senior Sourcing Specialist, having commodity managementresponsibilities of up to $30 million annually, will implement best-in-classpractices and execute sourcing. The SeniorSourcing Specialist will participate in global commodity development and beresponsible for the commodity sourcing strategy development, execution, andend-to-end supply chain performance management to achieve best-in-class productquality, cost, delivery and performance. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will need to think creatively andchallenge the status quo while upholding the highest levels of integrity andcompliance.
- Lead the sourcing process for assigned spend categories andassist the Sourcing Manager with the development of the overall sourcingstrategy and opportunity assessment.
- Successfully manage multiple complex projects throughcross-functional collaboration and a disciplined approach to project managementthat enables consistent implementation.
- Analyze large data sets effectively, identify processimprovement solutions, formulate recommendations, and influence decisions.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with manager-levelOperations and Finance department stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a deep category expertise for categories undermanagement, including a detailed knowledge of the supply base, best practicesourcing strategies, and project-specific service level agreements.
- Successfully apply a detailed acumen of current market trendsto impact negotiations and strive for fair market pricing.
- Operate efficiently within Supply Chain team and otherinternal groups to gain an expert understanding of Company’s business model,systems and projects.
- Anticipate business needs and ensure a proactive outreach tosuppliers to purchase supplies and services.
- Compile customized reports from internal databases toanalyze vendor information in order to understand current costs and ensure bestpricing.
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead contract negotiationswith suppliers.
- Ensure organizational goals, including budget, savings, andsupplier performance measures, are met.
- Manage the total cost of the supplier relationship. Participate in the supplier scorecardevaluations process and benchmarking.
- Administer, follow up and verify that corrective actions arebeing implemented for key underperforming suppliers as established throughsupplier quality metrics, scorecards, and audit reports.
- Contribute to the creation or amendment of Supply Chainpolicies and processes.
- Communicate with vendors regarding all new purchase orders;establish lead times and order delivery status.
- Confer with suppliers to obtain product or serviceinformation, such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Utilize Enterprise Resource Management systems to monitorpurchasing process and eventual order acceptance.
- Research and resolve product discrepancies related toproduct quantity and quality.
Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success at building and maintaining efficientand effective supplier relationships.
- Creative problem solver, adaptable to change and a passionto drive change.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationshipswith internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levelof employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionallyachieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicabletimelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including theability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills; ability toaccomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effectiveprioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to completetasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize theirresources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of professional experience in a functional areapreferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration inEngineering, Business, or Supply Management preferred.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and negotiatingstatements of work and service level agreements for individual requirements andwithin a fixed contract strongly preferred.
- Wireless telecommunications industry experience, includingsourcing or working in the construction or operations functions, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office Suite, withparticular strength in the use of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, required.
- Professional certifications preferred (e.g., Certified PublicManager, Certified Professional in Supply Management or Certified in Productionand Inventory Management)
- Oracle supply chain modules experiences preferred
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internaloffice environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required insupport of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changingindustry. Accordingly, theresponsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time inaccordance with business needs. Morespecifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/ordifferent responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be anall-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, norare they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required todo the job. Rather, they are intendedonly to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeksthat require more than 40 hours to ensure the position’s expectations andresponsibilities are met.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individualsprotected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the VietnamVeterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans withDisabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the jobapplication process can contact us at 617-587-7911 for assistance.
Job: Sr Spl Sourcing
Title: Senior Sourcing Specialist
Requisition ID: 1800006S
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a diverse workforce. We are committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.