Beth Israel Lahey Health Surgical Scheduler, M-F, 40hrs in Woburn, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Coordinates scheduling of surgical procedures for the Surgical Specialty Practice. Reviews, analyzes and modifies scheduling blocks to incorporate changes recommended by the OR Committee.
• Meets with patients to schedule surgery, coordinates date and time with patient, surgeon and OR.
• Submits OR case request forms electronically and by paper via fax as required by hospital processes.
• Maintains copies of all surgical case requests organized by surgeon and date to ensure optimal patient care and work flow.
• Process prior authorizations for surgical procedures when required by insurance.
• Obtains referrals for surgical procedures and office visits when required.
• Schedules patients for pre admission testing.
• Schedules necessary equipment for scheduled surgical procedures with sales representatives.
• Schedules necessary second surgeon or assist surgeon, coordinating with various surgical practices and the OR.
• Schedules post op testing and appointments as required.
• Creates reports, spreadsheets, and statistics to assist in analyzing block time utilization by surgeon or specialty and report to Practice Coordinator.
• Tracks release of allocated block time, cancellation reports, and surgeon utilization reports (individually and group). Makes recommendations to Medical Director and Practice Coordinator for block time review by the OR Committee.
• Maintains procedure dictionary and updates data including new personnel, special equipment and new procedures.
• Acts as a liaison with IS for Epic system upgrades and staff/provider concerns or questions.
• Performs routine administrative tasks necessary.
• Promotes communications and problem solving with OR team and providers regarding scheduling of surgical cases.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs