Sevita Caregiver in Worcester, Massachusetts
MENTOR Adult Day Health, a member of the Sevita family, provides day programs for elders with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. This allows seniors to obtain quality healthcare while remaining active and involved in the community and continuing to live in their own homes. Our programs are staffed with qualified, experienced licensed nurses and caregivers who are trained to provide individual assistance to each person we serve.
Home Health Aide/ Caregiver
Provides in-home support services to individuals receiving services, including personal care such as assistance with bathing, dressing, and eating, respite care, and life skill activities. May schedule visits directly with family of participants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Provides, assistance to individuals in the areas of daily living and personal care.
• Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery. Ensures objectives are met in accordance with the Care Plan.
• May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal set up according to state requirements.
• Maintains current progress and service notes and submits all required documentation and verbal feedback to Supervisor in accordance with Sevita policy, program and Area Authority standards, and state or payer policies.
• Attends and participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings, training and other meetings as required. .
• Promotes positive relationships with individuals receiving services, families, payers, and community representatives.
• Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with Sevita policy.
• Performs other related duties and activities as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
• State-issued Home Health Aid certification
• All state required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes.
• Travel required as needed
• Heavy Work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case by case basis via the interactive process.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The Mentor Network is pleased to be an equal employment employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Sevita Jobs