SMG Production Manager in Worcester, Massachusetts
POSITION: Production Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: IATSE Local 96
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Production Manager at SMG-DCU Center. The Production Manager is responsible for advancing all performances scheduled to appear at the SMG-DCU Center while managing back of house day of show production duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Hire, discipline and terminate IATSE production labor staff as appropriate.
- Review artist riders and maintain regular contact with artist tour managers as directed.
- Review all event production requirements and meet with clients in conjunction with the Director of Operations and/or Event Managers when applicable to ensure a successful event.
- Prepare pre-event planning materials, including CAD drawings when applicable.
- Recommendation and follow through on annual event production budget.
- Proper accounting of all production expenses when applicable.
- Supervising production load-in, show and load out as it relates to all IATSE 96 staff - sound/tech personnel.
- Provide event day technical support when applicable for event related facility systems including but not limited to phones, scoring systems, video systems, etc.
- Provide A/V support to specific events.
- Keep inventory updated and provide preventative maintenance for event specific facility equipment including scoring systems, video boards, follow spots, sound systems, etc.
- Schedule and supervise production labor staff for all events
- Input, review and approve time schedules and payroll
- Interface with all departments, as well as promoters and agents, assuring the finest levels of customer service
- Acting as safety coordinator for stagehands including participation in all venue safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned within the scope of the jurisdiction of the bargaining unit contract. All duties and responsibilities may be modified from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in Production operations, within an arena preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with multiple venues is a plus
- General office knowledge and understanding of office principles.
- Advanced working knowledge of sound/lighting mechanisms a must
- Advanced working knowledge of stage rigging is preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills including both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently. Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have strong leadership, communication and organizational skills for planning and directing coverage at events.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must have the ability to train, plan, assign, and direct work and motivate union stage personnel.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventive maintenance schedules
- Experience in a Union labor environment preferred
Hours worked in this position will vary due to the demands of event scheduling and related activities to include nights, weekends and holidays. A full flex schedule is required. A valid Massachusetts Driver's License is required.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Experience with Auto CAD and payroll systems, specifically ADP is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Moderate lifting, at least 75 lbs, and/or strenuous work conditions. Involves walking on ice, standing, bending, stooping, climbing (ladders, scaffolding, structural steel (steel rigging is preferred but not required)) at heights up to 130 ft. and for long durations of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
HR Manager DCU Center 50 Foster Street Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 1/9/18 until filled.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled